We are increasingly hearing warning bells from many commentators about the potential perils of inviting Central Bank Digital Currencies into our lives and the elimination of cash.
There are valid concerns about how this mechanism could be exploited to segue seamlessly into a single monetary system that does not allow freedom and choice when spending. This could be used to control people in a way that has never previously been possible.
We highly recommend that everyone researches this topic in-depth. Here are some valuable resources and references.
Things we should be aware of:
How can YOU help?
Download THIS A5 FLYER to distribute to local businesses in your area. Try to engage the owners and have a chat about key issues that they may not be aware of.
Further Reading and resources
- Cash Matters website
- Beware the dangers of a cashless society – by Silkie Carlo
- How the decline in cash is affecting old people – Age UK
- Digital IDs: A threat to privacy and freedom? – Together Talks
- Why becoming a cashless society is a terrible idea – Economics Explained
- Dramatic collapse of cash in the UK could exclude millions of elderly, poor and rural people – Yahoo Financial News, 2019